Friday, April 06, 2007

"Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash, we have very little reason to be interested in them."

The above quote, from Pauline Kael, kinda sums up my mood at the moment...

I held a movie binge last night, to which ONE person showed up (he knows who he is, and can hold his head high) after I had gone to the effort of sending out invites to ALL of my friends.
A scant few people had said they were going to be able to make it and by the end of the day I had only one apology for non-attendance (get well, pharmacopaeia).
What happened to the rest of you pikers? Grrrr, I am not happy...
This has made me consider never doing this kind of thing again, or at least not inviting anyone I know will not show up or condemn me for trying to be a balanced film afficianado.

I ended up throwing the whole program (bar 3 films) outa the window and allowing my guest to choose the line-up. It was pretty fuckin' entertaining all told.

1. Some Trailers for upcoming movies
2. BANILIEUE 13
3. THIS FILM IS NOT YET RATED
4. A video mashup, provided by a friend.
5. LADY TERMINATOR
6. THE BEYOND
7. SOUNDSTAGE - THE ANDY KAUFMAN SHOW
8. NEGADON
9. BLACK DEVIL DOLL FROM HELL
10. THE THING

(#3 was one of the best docos about the movies I have seen in a while.)
(#6 was something of a revelation. Gory, surreal and completely jaw-dropping.)
(#9 killed us both, as it is designed to.)
(#10 never goes amiss in any circumstances.)

Comments:
:( Sorry I didn't show. Was intending to but farewell alcohol sent me to a sleepy place.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?