Thursday, August 03, 2006

International Film Festival

Am getting rather excited about the upcoming film festival, which opens tonight. I am going to see about twenty films over the next two weeks and my retinas will be near fried by the end of it all. (Not going to the opening night film tonight however, as Ken Loach bores me to tears.)

This year's is one of the strongest programmes I have witnessed in many a moon - it's always a smaller programme down here than that which screens in Auckland or Wellington - but I am confident that the cream of the crop is coming down here this year.

At this stage I am going to see:
A SCANNER DARKLY
BRICK
DAVE CHAPPELLE'S BLOCK PARTY
DRAWING RESTRAINT 9
FACTOTUM
THE HOST
JONESTOWN: THE LIFE AND DEATH OF PEOPLES TEMPLE
KEANE
loudQUIETloud: A FILM ABOUT THE PIXIES
MATTHEW BARNEY: NO RESTRAINT
NO MORE HEROES
THE PASSENGER
THE SCIENCE OF SLEEP
SHORTBUS
THE THREE BURIALS OF MELQUIADES ESTRADA
TRISTRAM SHANDY: A COCK & BULL STORY
THE WAIMATE CONSPIRACY (World Premiere of a local film!!)
WHO KILLED THE ELECTRIC CAR?

And that's just what I have tickets already booked for!!! I may go and see others in my spare time as my wallet, sanity and retinas allow.

Will post my thoughts on films seen here when I have the time and/or inclination.

(More of the festival can be found HERE)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?