Thursday, February 09, 2006

Marathoning...

Well, my all-night movie marathon happened, with about a dozen people turning up on the night.

Here's how it all went down:

1. WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER
2. STEWIE GRIFFIN - THE UNTOLD STORY (aka THE FAMILY GUY MOVIE)
break (REJECTED)
3. OH! MIKEY
4. MAN WITH THE SCREAMING BRAIN
5. HAUTE TENSION
break
6. MR T'S BE SOMEBODY OR BE SOMEBODY'S FOOL
7. DARK SIDE OF THE RAINBOW (1st play-through)
break
8. FASTER PUSSYCAT! KILL! KILL!

About half of the audience stuck it out and I felt pretty satisfyed about the way it all went. A nice mix of my own personal indulgence and giving my "target audience" what they wanted.

Things I Learnt:
- Don't play the loudest stuff at 4-5am. DARK SIDE needed to go a little higher in the programme for full appreciation of Waters' rockin guitars. I think I may have bled a few eardrums there.
- Keep an eye on sound levels. Especially when shouting Asian maniquiens are involved...
- There must ALWAYS be a horror film at 2-3am. (HAUTE TENSION was an awesome choice, if I do say so myself!!)
- Ending on a classic keeps everyone happy.

I may do another one of these sometime in the future, but I'm certainly gonna start doing semi-irregular screening nights now and then. Watch This Space...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?